Announcement: Matrix AI Network’s Blockchain Data Syncing Update
To reduce both the total size of the chain, as well as the time necessary to fully sync chaindata, the Matrix AI Network team has provided this optional update, wherein chaindata up to block 861265 is packaged as a snapshot.
As this update will close the Terminal/Command Prompt window, and therefore temporarily shut down your node, it is up to you to decide whether to implement this update.
Blockchain Data Syncing Update Steps
Download “Blockchain Data Syncing Files and Guide” at Matrix’s official website (https://www.matrix.io/downloads/).
To complete this update, you should undergo the following 5 steps:
- Remove existing chaindata
- Update gman executable
- Store chaindata snapshot
- Launch masternode
- Verify normal operations
It is strongly recommended that you follow the “Blockchain Data Syncing Guide” to complete the whole procedure.
1. It’s recommended to paste all sample code and commends into a txt document before inputting it in your Terminal/Command Prompt window to reduce to odds of formatting issues. Be sure to replace the relevant sections of code with your own personal wallet information as indicated in the guide.
2. It may take up to 10 minutes to connect your Masternodes with the Matrix AI Network. Please wait patiently before verifying the normal operation of your Masternode.
3. When blocks are synchronizing, the return value should be over 861,265. Your blockchain is fully synced once the block height matches the blockheight listed on the Matrix Blockchain Browser.
4. You don’t have to restart your computer after this update. Please make sure that all the file paths stay the same.
5. If you haven’t deployed a Masternode, this update is unnecessary. Full details and instructions can be downloaded at https://www.matrix.io/downloads/.
IMPORTANT: IF YOUR MASTERNODE IS SELECTED WHILE PERFORMING THE UPDATE, IT WILL PING AS OFFLINE. MAY IMPACT ON YOUR BLOCK REWARDS. PLEASE THINK CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU IMPLEMENT THIS UPDATE!
If you cannot find that “Blockchain Data Syncing Files” and this article cannot help with the update, please send an email to email@example.com or contact a member of the Matrix team on Telegram.